- If it feels good, it can’t be that bad.
- If you want to see life differently, ask a child.
- Women were designed perfectly to have children with no interventions.
- Don’t mess with Mother Nature.
- Don’t ask questions you don’t want to know the answers to.
- Be kind to your spouse/partner especially when you don’t want to.
- Marriage is work but it is the best job you’ll ever have.
- Your children are watching you, not Big Brother.
- Sometimes you may swear to make a point but other times be more creative with your words.
- Yelling sucks unless you’re at a concert, sporting event, or CrossFit.
- Know who your core friends are and treat them like royalty.
- Interact with the people you come in contact with on a daily basis and use their name. If you don’t know it – ask.
- A simple act of kindness goes a long way.
- Anything boys can do, girls can do better.
- Dance whenever you get the chance.
- Sing in the shower.
- When in doubt, hug.
- You need germs to fight germs.
- Christmas is and will always remain my favorite holiday unless they name one after my Mom.
- Why can’t everyone just get along? – Really?
- I don’t have time for politics. I either like you or I don’t.
- It is hard for me to disguise what I am truly thinking.
- Suck face whenever possible.
- Worry attracts problems.
- Trust that the outcome is out of your hands and have faith that God will deliver.
- Go to bed thinking about 2 or 3 good things that happened to you that day.
- Laugh until your sides hurt.
- Create a beautiful day, always.
- Treat your body right and it will remember to do the same.
- You can’t eat marshmallows and Doritos and expect to be healthy.
- If you can’t see your toes past your belly and you’re not pregnant then you better make some lifestyle changes before it is too late.
- Make the most of the moments we have together.
- Put down your phone & enjoy the world around you.
- Pick up your phone and SPEAK with someone instead of texting.
- Be present with your children and spouse.
- Create your own traditions and celebrate them.
- Have a backwards day. Breakfast for dinner, for example. Break up your routine.
- Get good at crossword puzzles.
- Keep learning new things.
- Wear solid colors in pictures.
- Being color-blind means seeing the world through my own set of lenses.
- It’s not how you see the world but how you see yourself in it that matters.
- Trust your instincts, always.
- Talk nicely to yourself.
- Treat yourself well and make time for you.
- The sound of the ocean is magic but when you can smell the waves and feel the sand beneath your toes it is pure Heaven.
- I am responsible for how my kids leave this planet.
- If I could choose any animal to be my best friend it would be a dolphin.
- I was a woman before I became a mother.
- Look deeply into your children’s eyes when you talk to them and teach them to do the same.
- Good manners never go out of style.
- I believe that rainbows are made by my Mother to cheer me up when I am having a bad day.
- Move your body before it moves you.
- I’m not old, I’m old school.
- If you have to ask you probably already know the answer.
- Embrace polka dots, period. Get it?
Welcome to KerryMarraffino.com! I am so happy that you have stopped by and hope that you stick around. My goal in starting this blog is to offer inspiration to other Moms who exercise no matter what their fitness level, shade of green, or age. I believe that we can all help each other be our best self as we reach for our goals and dreams and set a healthy example for our children, friends and family.
I have always been interested in nutrition, taking care of myself, and leading an active lifestyle. Like you, over the years, I have had several close friends and family who have died of cancer and other health issues. This made me think. “what can I do so that I don’t end up like that?” I really want a great quality of life for as long as possible. However, it was when I became pregnant with our first child that I really started to do my research about my health and the baby’s health in utero and beyond.
I have learned a lot and continue to learn more. I have lifted weights off and on over the years and did yoga and Pilates through both my pregnancies. When our daughter, our second child was 10 months old and I was a couple of months from turning 41 I discovered CrossFit. I absolutely LOVE it for several reasons such as the sense of community but also because it works with my limited schedule and the workouts are constantly changing so I don’t get bored.
I have been CrossFitting for 3 years now and when I started it was not pretty. I had trouble doing the 5 lunges in the warmup because my balance was so bad. I have competed in the CrossFit Games Open each year since 2013 and am proud to say I completed each one.
Two of my girlfriends and I won The Disney Fit Challenge in 2014 in the Female Masters Team division.
I hope you will join me on my journey as I continue to challenge myself physically, cook healthy food, and get healthier and stronger every day. I am here to show you that anyone can do this – I know because I did and I am a busy Mom who works every day like many of you.
I don’t use our children as an excuse not to exercise but rather I use them as my motivation. I admit it took me a long time to find the right man and to start a family. I want to be on this beautiful earth to see my children fall in love and have babies of their own.
I want people to look at me and say,”You’re an inspiration. Because of you I didn’t give up.”